How to export to the EU market?
The EU Trade Helpdesk is a free online service that helps companies with essential information as to how to prepare their products for the EU market and hence how to make the most of trade arrangements their country has with the European Union.
Within a few minutes companies can check:
- The duties they pay at EU customs
- Health, safety, marketing and technical standards their products need to meet
- Rules and proofs of origin: how to declare the economic nationality of their product when claiming duty discounts
- Internal taxes applied in the importing country
- Forms to send with their shipments
- Trade statistics related to their products.
Questions to be addressed include:
- How can I check the rules and regulations for my product?
- How can I check whether my products benefit from a trade agreement?
- How can I claim a duty discount for my product?
- What is the added value of the tool?
- Can I be sure that the information is up-to-date?
- Which Member state relevant information can I find there?
- How to find potential importers?
- Can I use Trade Help Desk for B2B matchmaking?
- Can I get funding via Trade Help Desk?
Luisa SANTOSDirector for International Relations, BusinessEurope
Patrick ILLINGTrade Affairs Manager, European Union delegation in Cote d'Ivoire
Peter VAN GILSTTeam Co-ordinator Africa, CBI - Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries, The Netherlands
Remco VAHLSenior Expert, Directorate-General for Trade, European Commission