The EU-Africa Business Forum (EABF) has been the main event preceding AU-EU Summits since 2006. It is organised jointly by the European Commission, the African Union and business organisations from both the EU and Africa in a partnership approach.
The 7th EABF took place in a hybrid format in Brussels on 16-17 February 2022, back-to-back with the EU-Africa Summit, and via an online platform during the entire week of 14th February 2022. For the 2022 edition, the overall theme was “Building stronger value chains for sustainable growth and decent jobs”.
Key features of the EABF22 were as follows:
- 32 high level events, which were the culmination of intense preparation through 12 EABF dedicated working groups, involving more than 500 people from both continents, public and private spheres;
- over 150 online workshops;
- more than 20 signatures and announcements for a total commitment of EUR 590 million;
- Publication of joint EABF Business Declaration, including twelve actions (Business Outcomes) and twelve Calls for Action addressed to public actors.
- 18,900 registered participants who actively engaged by networking and reacting live to panel discussions;
- 10 AU and EU Commissioners took part to EABF. President Ursula von der Leyen and Chairman Moussa Faki Mahamat opened the week with keynote speeches.
- 30 CEOs and presidents from the private sector intervened;
- 125 associated partners from Africa and the EU actively participated;
EABF brings decision makers closer together to facilitate business cooperation