7th EU-Africa Business Forum (EABF): Turning nowadays challenges into opportunities
26th and 27th October 2020, digital event
The COVID crisis has been a shock of historical proportion to communities and economies in the EU and Africa. Its full impact is yet to be seen, but in addition to the heavy human toll, it has already disrupted EU and African value chains, restricted trade and human flows, dramatically impacted production and government revenues, reduced private and public entities’ working capital. Food supply has become critical and health systems are challenged in all countries even those which are in most dire needs.
This situation calls for a robust response which needs to bring together the energy and commitment of all public and private sector actors in the EU and Africa.
The 7th EU-Africa Business Forum (EABF), which will immediately precede the AU-EU Summit, will be a decisive moment for senior political and business leaders, policy makers and other stakeholders to review all strategic aspects of the EU-Africa relationship. Aiming at a mutually beneficial, sustainable and inclusive prosperity, the Forum’s ambition is to:
- contribute to the urgent COVID response;
- support AfCFTA implementation and the green transition;
- improve trade and investment climate between the EU and Africa;
- reinforce high level public private dialogue
- enhance long-term dialogue structures between EU and Africa businesses;
- showcase best practices including MoU signatures; and
- unlock new business and investment opportunities.
To that end, a Joint Declaration by EU and AU private sectors will be adopted and feed into the Summit.
The Forum is jointly organized by the European Commission with the African Union Commission and African and European business organisations. It will bring together around 3000 participants from both continents, business and public leaders.
It is organised around three activities running in parallel:
- High-level and thematic online panels
- Virtual business pitches and e-exhibitions
- Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Government (B2G) opportunities
Stay tuned for more information on the programme and speakers coming up soon on this website. Join the debate #EABF2020.